The miracle power house tree that is quite understated, deserves worldwide recognition and should be a staple supplement in your daily diet.
Too good to be true? Let’s find out.
Moringa Oleifera tree was domesticated 2000 years ago in India, Himalayan region, Asia, and sub-tropics. It has been used as an herbal remedy for centuries in none – Western cultures. Worlds Health organization adopted this plant to fight third world hunger. Moringa has been largely unknown in the West and much underutilized. It must be a blessing, Moringa has not been genetically modified, is full of immune system building nutrients and absolutely every part of this tree could be eaten. Below is a summary of its benefits:
- Moringa has 35 anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Moringa has 46 cancer killing antioxidants, such as lutein and carotenoids.
- Moringa has more than 92 bioavailable nutrients, such as potassium, calcium, zinc, iron, B-complex, magnesium (inside the chlorophyll)), phosphorus and sulfur, including B vitamins.
- Moringa contains 8 amino acids and more than 10 non-amino acids, which makes it a complete protein source.
- Moringa contains up to 42 percent of Oleic acid to prevent cardiovascular disease.
100gm of dried powder Moringa provide:
- Out of any plant that has ever been studied, Moringa has the highest protein ratio, with no reports of triggered allergies.
- 3 times more Iron than spinach.
- Vitamin A equivalent to 1 carrot.
- Potassium equivalent to 1 banana.
- Vit C (1oz) equivalent to 1 naval orange.
- No side effects have ever been reported.
- Plant Specific antioxidants and anti-aging properties, such as cytokinins, zeatin, quercetin, kaempferol, Chlorophyll, Chromium, Rutin, Selenium, Tryptophan and much more.
- A complex of Omega oils.
- Natural Pterygosphermin (antibiotic, antiseptic and fungicide).
Although more research is needed on this newly emergent super nutrient, it is thought that Moringa has ability to treat more than 300 diseases, including:
- Blood Pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Eye health
- Decreases inflammation
- Increases Immunity
- Fights Infections
- Digestive disorders
- Body detoxification
- Nervous system
- May protect against some effects of Arsenic toxicity
- Used as a topical application to wounds, bites, and warts.
Few Final Words:
When buying Moringa, make sure it comes in vegetarian capsule, 100 percent Moringa, without any additives and verify its source. (Internet has dozens of Moringa claims with wide ranging nutrient values and benefits).
I recommend the Powder to be taken in a capsule form, sprinkled in soups and sauces, added to your Daily Green Smoothie or simply steep it in tea. Here are Moringa powders, tea and my little tree that I use in my own household.
I hope this Moringa information was interesting and will help encourage you to incorporate it for your well-being.Let me know what you think,
Chart adapted from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.
None of the images, except for ©Bear holding Moringa image, belong to PlantsandBeyond.