~What I learned from living with 3 Pooches.
As you see they worship me. LOL. Not. Only if I have food in my hands or chewing it. They drop all, surround and demand their well-deserved food sharing. Sharing is caring, after all.
Living with Dogs has been an angelic experience, multiplied 3 fold for me. They are unpretentious, honest and provide unconditional affection. Ignoring my occasional dreadful appearances, exhaustion or human-robotic working mode, they make their way in our hearts through most basic earthly necessity: LOVE.
This unconditional LOVE is showered on my family daily and if needed all day long. Once my dearest friend asked why I need so many dogs. My answer to her was to imagine life without her oldest boy and she couldn’t. Then, I asked her to imagine life without two of her kids, and she couldn’t. At that point, she understood, that the amount of love that she feels from her human family cannot be ever enough, just like the love from my canine children.
Here are the daily benefits of my 3 furry babies:
- Unconditional love, kisses, hugs, nose bumping, pawing, claiming me as their best friend.
- Loneliness is a foreign word to me. Always have my true companions at my site.
- Husband doesn’t feel romantic, but who cares when you have so much persistent courting.
- Kids fighting-no problemo-send a dog on them-they forget all about their issues.
- Door greeting is unforgettable if they haven’t seen you for years, even from a trip to the bathroom.
- The bad mood goes away when they look into our eyes as we are G-d.
- Need a hand fidget? Forget about slime and stress balls – we pet our pups instead.
- Laughing at their silly toy play boosts our sense of well-being.
- Instantly get notified when someone is at our door or property.
- Create a wonderful social conversation momentum; nothing like a story about damaged household items. Makes our visitors sure feel good.
- Got to know all our friendly neighbors, especially when they bring our dogs back from their own backyards.
- Developed a sense of pride when our dogs, not kids, can actually listen to us and perform tricks. Did I mention, my dogs are bilingual…. Yeah.. How about that….
- Backyard rodents run away when they hear or see our backyard warriors.
- Read scientific data that pets decrease Blood Pressure values and anxiety symptoms, which in turn should prolong life and gives a sense of purpose.
Well, I could go on and on, but my own usual joke is that Pets are really my own personal Psychotherapists, right in my own home. Free therapy right here and now.
I try to imitate these dog’s honest greeting in the human culture and what do you know – I don’t have to even wag my tail, the heartfelt smile and enthusiasm really work.
They must have made this towel for me 🙂 and the mug message is for you, guys.
Much love and peace to all of you. Make it a very woofie day, my dear friends.
All images here belong to Luda @PlantsandBeyond.com,